NEET 2018 Counseling dates, process
NEET 2018 counseling first round results will be announced on 3rd July 2018. We are guiding you through the steps of checking your results.
1. Access the MCC(Medical Counseling Committee) website where the results have been announced.
2. Official MCC Page - https://www.mcc.nic.in/
3. NEET 2018 Counseling Results Login
4. Provide your Roll no. & hit submit button
And then you could view your first round results of NEET 2018 counseling.
Candidates whose name appears in the ‘NEET 2018 counseling first round list’ must appear for admissions in the allotted medical colleges within the admission window around 1st week of July 2018. If you fail in doing this, your candidature will be canceled for NEET 2018. Kindly make sure to consider holiday calendar to not miss their admission window. Even make sure to carry the following documents-
1.NEET 2018 Admit Card
2.NEET 2018 Rank Letter
3.Date of birth proof
4.Class 10th pass certificate
5.Class 12th pass certificate
6.Class 12th marks sheet
7.Eight passport size photographs. These should be same as the one used in the application.
8.Provisional allotment letter
9.Proof of identity
10. Reserved candidates should carry proof of the same, issued by competent authority.
11. All qualified candidates can also download their rank letters from here. The must provide their NEET 2018 registration number, roll no. & date of birth to proceed.
A total number of 3200 MBBS and BDS fall under NEET AIQ. Only those candidates, who fall under the top 15% in the NEET 2018 merit list, will be eligible to participate in the All India counseling procedure of NEET 2018. It is organized in two rounds. To participate in NEET 2018 counseling, all the qualified candidates need to register first, further submit their choices, view indicative seat allotment, modify & lock the choices. Thereafter, qualified candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank secured and choices exercised at the time of counseling.
The Important Dates- NEET Counseling 2018
NEET 2018 Counseling –Candidates can check below the counseling schedule of NEET 2018 as released by the Medical Counselling Committee after the declaration of NEET Results on 1st week of June 2018.
NEET 2018 Counselling Schedule
Serial No. Counseling Event Tentative dates Total number of days (approx.)
1. NEET 2017 Registration, Choice Filling July 3 to July 11, 2018 9 Days
2. Exercise of choice and locking schedule July 12, 2018 1 Day
3. Seat allotment process- Round 1 July 13 to July 14, 2018 2 Days
4. Round 1 result published July 15, 2018 1 Day
5. Reporting at the allotted medical/dental college July 16 to July 22 2018 7 Days
6. Round 2- exercise of choices and locking August 1 to August 4 2018 4 Days
7. Round 2-seat allotment process August 5 to August 7, 2018 3 Days
8. Round 2 result to be announced on August 8, 2018 1 Day
9. Reporting at the allotted medical/dental college August 9 to August 16, 2018 8 Days
10. Transfer of vacant all India quota seats to states August 16, 2018
NEET 2018 Result
NEET 2018 Result has been declared. Candidates who have been listed in the merit list based on their marks in entrance test are eligible to appear for the counseling round.
All India Quota Rank-
The All India Rank is based on the rank of successful NEET candidates all over India. It is set for the purpose of All India Quota seat allotment and excludes applicants from Andhra Pradesh (AP) and Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to apply for the 15% All India Quota Counseling since these states had opted out of the All India Scheme right at the beginning.
NEET 2018 State Counseling
The counseling for admission under 85% state quota seats (except in Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana ) will be conducted by the medical education department or an authority appointed by the state government. Note that according to a Supreme Court directive, counseling for private, central and deemed universities will be done along with the government colleges, which means, the state will conduct a common centralized counseling for admissions to all colleges located in that particular state. Further, CBSE will conduct a state merit list for each state and Union territory (UT) and forward it to respective states.
The exam conducting authority, CBSE, will also prepare a merit list for participating medical colleges and forward it to concerned medical colleges for the counseling process. Allotment of MBBS and BDS seats in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi will also be done by the respective medical colleges on the basis of NEET 2018 scores.
All the Best for your future !!!